What is the process when applying for PFA membership?
- Applicants must accomplish the PFA Membership Application Form, downloadable at the PFA website, and submit this to the PFA Secretariat office at 701 OMM Citra Bldg., San Miguel Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City;
- Applicants may also fill-out the PFA Membership Application Form online;
- All applications for PFA membership will be reviewed by the Membership Committee which shall make appropriate recommendations to the Board of Trustees;
- The Board of Trustees will have the ultimate decision on the application for membership.
Procedures & Guidelines
Step 1. There are 2 ways to apply:
Directly to PFA
By invitation of various sources.
An applicant for accreditation must have been in the business of franchising for a minimum of three (3) years, either as an operator or a franchisor, shall have at least three (3) company-owned outlets, and with at least three (3) franchise outlets in existence at the time of its application.
Step 2. Submit the following documents together with your application form:
- Duly filled out Application Form
- Company Profile
- Organizational structure
(should define support system/structure for franchisees)
- List of key officers including their respective mailing addresses
- Copy of Franchise Info Sheet
- Copy of Franchise Agreement
- List of Franchisees with Contact Details
- SEC / DTI Registration
- IPO Registration
- BIR Registration
- Latest Financial Statements
- Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws
- Photos of franchise stores / outlets
- Endorsement letter by an existing
Step 3. PFA Secretariat validates and checks the accuracy of the documents.
Step 4. The PFA committee will evaluate all the documents and give recommendations based on PFA’s Fair Franchising Standards whether deferred (needs further research about the company), not qualified or qualified. If qualified, the Membership Committee schedules interviews with the Officers of the Applicant/Business Organization.
Step 5. Companies who have passed the interview will be presented to the Board of Trustees during PFA Board Meetings.
Step 6. PFA VP Membership reports and submits the applicants for membership to the Body for deliberation. If requested, the PFA Board may conduct another interview prior to decision. If accepted, applicants are classified accordingly, either regular or probationary, as per the FFS.
Step 7. Accepted applicants are notified through letters of their membership in the PFA, to be followed by the Statement of Account for the processing fees.