- Respecting your privacy
Franchise Asia Philippines and the Philippine Franchise Association are committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to below (see clause 9 below). By using our websites and/or providing information to us by other means, you consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this policy. In some circumstances, if you do not provide us with information we may not be able to provide certain goods or services to you.
In this policy, references to “Franchise Asia Philippines”, “us” or “we” are references to Philippine Franchise Association (PFA).
- What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, city or province where you live, telephone numbers, age range, or occupation, whether you have taken up some of our programs, such as but not limited to membership, exhibit application, capacity-builfding activities or seminars, expo or conference attendance, or use our mobile application;
- any details applicable to your membership to our association, partnership/supplier’s agreements, competition participation, or exhibit application among others;
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example family members who may be linked to your membership;
- what, how and when you join us or any of our events or have expressed an interest in joining us or participating in any of our events;
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions or your areas of interest regarding franchising.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, you joined any of our competitions or you applied for employment or membership.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical (for example when you register online for an event) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
- How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to attend an event, any of our seminars or conferences, sign up for our mailing list, apply as an exhibitor, apply for membership, join a competition etc.;
- you communicate with us online;
- you enter into agreement with us in cases such as partnership agreements, membership application, supplier’s agreement, etc.;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make a lay-by, contact us through phone calls, or bring a claim against us. We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
- we may also collect your data when it is publicly available, either searchable online or available in any published material.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. Your personal information will be held by PFA at the address listed in clause 5 below. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
- Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for the purposes of (or for purposes which are directly related to) the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. We may disclose your personal information within the Association, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling businesses.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes authorised by you or which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for the PFA’s own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
- How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact us at: www.pfa.org.ph, calling us on +632 687-0365 to 67, or by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to us at:Data Privacy Officer
Philippine Franchise Association
Unit 7001 OMM-Citra Bldg., San Miguel Ave.,
Ortigas Center, Pasig City, MM, PHBefore we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.Correction: If you need to correct your personal information, please contact us at one of the above contact points.
- How can you complain about our management of personal information? If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact us at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. We will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. We will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If we do not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, or at any other time, you may make a complaint to the National Privacy Commission.
- Sharing of your personal information PFA will not share any of your sensitive personal information to any of our partners, local and overseas, may it be a government entity, a PFA member or supplier, or any association we belong to, unless in following cases:
- we required by the law to do so;
- the information is pertinent to your enrollment to our educational programs, particularly the Certified Executive Program, where all you enrollment application will be shared to any of our instructors or the certifying body; or
- when you joined any of our competitions where all your information submitted during your application will be reviewed by our judges.PFA may however, share your non-sensitive personal information like your name, email address or contact number to our partners or suppliers in the following cases:
- You brought up a complaint against any of our members or exhibitors;
- You participated in our seminar which may be shared with our partners during the said seminar;
- You allowed any of our event exhibitors or suppliers scan the QR code generated upon your registration in our website; or
- In other circumstances where we will be legally required by the Philippine Government.
- Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy. There may be additional privacy notices and terms relevant to you depending on the nature of your dealings with us and on our particular businesses. There are additional privacy terms in our loyalty program and club membership contracts and for use of our online sites, for example.
We have separate charters concerning our employees – this policy does not apply to the personal information of our employees in their capacity as such.
- More information
More information about the privacy law and policies are available from the National Privacy Commission. The National Privacy Commission may be contacted at https://privacy.gov.ph/